Code of conduct
Our commitment to our community.
We want SatSummit to offer a positive and safe environment for all attendees.
Cyient, Development Seed & DevGlobal believe that more diverse teams build better products - we know that diverse representation at events leads to building a stronger community.
We follow a Code of Conduct for our events in order to create the best experience possible for all attendees. Before you participate in SatSummit, we ask that you review the Code of Conduct below.
We also support the Diversity Charter, a commitment to encourage diversity at all of our events.
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, vendors, partners and volunteers at SatSummit are required to adhere to the following Code of Conduct. SatSummit event organizers will enforce this Code throughout the event.
Our aim in hosting events is to build community. To that end, our goal is to create an environment where everyone feels welcome to participate, speak up, ask questions, and engage in conversation. We invite all those who participate in this event to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
SatSummit is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, language use, familial status, military or veteran status, political activities or affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, height, weight, personal appearance, HIV or AIDS status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate during any aspect of the event, including talks, workshops, parties, social media such as Twitter, or other online media.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of the community;
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions;
- Attempt collaboration before conflict;
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech;
- Follow Health Protocols guidelines;
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
Conference participants who violate these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event/conference without a refund at the discretion of the organizers. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Reporting an incident
If you see, overhear or experience a violation of the Code of Conduct during an event, please seek out the nearest Cyient, Development Seed & DevGlobal team member to escalate your complaint. If you cannot find a team member, or would like to report a violation after an event, you may email [email protected] .
This Code of Conduct was adapted from the following open resources, and may be used under a CC BY-SA 4.0 license:
- The Conference Code of Conduct, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license;
- The Berlin Code of Conduct, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.